Open Shuhada Street is a Palestinian legal advocacy centre that is based in Cape Town. Open Shuhada Street runs determined and ground-breaking campaigns, through using the courts and other legal avenues, to ensure that South African foreign policy is consistently applied and respects human rights, particularly regarding Israel and Palestine. Open Shuhada recently won a major legal campaign that resulted in the banning of the false labelling of Israeli settlement goods in South Africa.
Open Shuhada Street seeks to appoint an Intern for the fundraising challenge, based in Cape Town.
The Intern will be a dynamic individual who is willing to learn and help them take our campaigns to the next level
This is a three-month volunteer fundraising internship position.
Start date: 3 September 2013.
This is an excellent opportunity for the candidate to build their portfolio in advocacy and campaigning under the guidance of respected and experienced activists.Accordingly, Open Shuhada is looking for only the best and most committed young leaders to join their team.
- Deliver at least two fundraising events over September-November that will meet OSS fundraising goals;
- Assist in developing a long-term fundraising plan.
- Negotiating and strategic thinking skills;
- Independent, creative and out-of-the box thinking;
- Goal-oriented and gets results;
- Ability to generate funding leads and identify business development opportunities;
- Leader who can take initiative, generate new ideas and implement them;
- Communicator who can persuade people to support the organisations work;
- Project management skills;
- Open to learning and development;
- Acces to your own PC or laptop;
- Reporting skills, particularly regarding financial management;
- PC literate and comfortable using social media and digital technology;
- Undertake online donations appeals when necessary;
- Minimum of 20 hours work a week;
- Relevant tertiary degree or relevant experience;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), additional langugages are an advantage;
- Time and expense management skills;
- Cool under pressure;
- Own transport.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 423 3089